RAPP trains students to be ambassadors for Greene County Family Planning and Public Health. The students can be used as resources for school nurses and guidance counselors with the goal of ‘teens helping teens’ make smart decisions.
- “Respect Yourself/Protect Yourself” comprehensive program
- Collaboration with other agencies
- Greene County Mental Health
- Mobile Crisis Assessment Team (MCAT)
- Reach Center
- Tobacco Free Coalition/Reality Check
- Community Action
- PAS-It-on Community Based Organization
Benefits of participation include:
- Leadership skills
- Community Service hours
- Graduation acknowledgement as a peer leader
This initiative follows the newly released NY State Youth Sexual Health Plan Agenda which was a collaborative effort among State Education, Health, and Criminal Justice departments to ensure that accurate sexual health information and quality health services are made available to all New York State youth.
- Video development with News10
- Assisting Public Health staff with Rabies Clinics
- Promotion of Public Health issues at Greene County Youth Fair
- Tabling events at schools
- Idea collaboration for Social Media campaigns
- Trainings completed with OASAS
Connect with the RAPP Program on Facebook, Instagram, and SnapChat.