The Greene County Sheriff’s Office provides responsive and professional law enforcement services to the residents of Greene County and its visitors
- Greene County Sheriff’s Office road patrol personnel respond to 911 calls, accidents, and complaints in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies. Sheriff’s Office patrols perform traffic enforcement and are ready to assist any motorist or traveler in need with traffic safety issues.
- The Civil Office offers services needed for income execution, serving legal papers, evictions, and a number of other civil transactions.
- The Greene County Jail is also an important part of the Greene County Sheriff’s Office. Defendants are normally remanded to the Greene County Jail as inmates to await trial. After trial the inmate might stay in the county jail if the sentence imposed is a year or less.
- The Sheriff’s Office has (2) K-9 Units that are trained in narcotics detection and enforcement.
- Our marine patrol and dive team protect the Hudson River and other waterways within the county.
- The Sheriff’s Office provides security in the Greene County Office Building in Catskill, and also in the Greene County Mental Health Building in Cairo. The Deputies ensure your safety when you visit these locations, and are available for information and directions.
- The senior call in program is a priority for Sheriff Kusminsky and he has taken steps to implement this county wide. This program allows elderly residents who live alone the ability to check in with our emergency services on a regular basis. If normal contact doesn’t occur, a Deputy will respond out to the residence and do a welfare check.
- Evening Law Enforcement patrols have been bolstered to ensure safety of all Greene County residents.
- Please check out the Greene County Sheriff’s Office Facebook @GreeneCountySheriffNY for the most recent updates and happenings.
Criminal Investigations Unit
The Criminal Investigations Unit is responsible for a variety of Felony investigations including Robberies, Burglaries, Larcenies, Sex Crimes and Drug Investigations. The Criminal Investigations Unit is also tasked with executing warrants as well as conducting background investigations on all potential county employees before they are hired. The Criminal Investigations Unit is also responsible for the tracking of Sex Offenders in Greene County ensuring that they are properly registered with New York State Department of Criminal Justice Services and are up to date with the mandatory annual verification process which gives Law Enforcement the most up to date information on each Sex Offenders whereabouts and activities within Greene County.