The Department of Motor Vehicles and the Records Center are also supervised by the County Clerk.
Department of Motor Vehicles
New York DMV issues a variety of types of license plates. Plates are available for cars, trucks, trailers, motorcycles, ATVs and snowmobiles, plus livery, ambulances, buses, and other commercial vehicles.
The Department of Motor Vehicles provides services for testing for learner, CDL, and motorcycle permits, original and renewal drivers licenses, as well as abstracts of licenses, restricted and conditional licenses and enrollment in the Drinking Driver Program.
Special Information for this Greene County DMV:
- To schedule an appointment with the DMV, please call 518-719-3280
- Walk-ins are welcomed but will be accommodated as there is availability.
- We continue to encourage to make an appointment for the following, learner permits, CDL license, motorcycle license.
- The drop box at the front door is still available for those who wish to use it.
- DMV is closed for lunch from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- To learn how to Register a Vehicle or Transfer a Registration by Mail click here.
County Clerks Office
The Clerk of Greene County is responsible for the recording, filing, storage and upkeep of a variety of documents. These include deeds, mortgages, criminal records and all court records for the Supreme Court and County Court.
- The Greene County Clerk’s Office in Catskill is open to the public. We continue to encourage recordings and filings to be left in the drop box at the front door of the County Building or mailed to Greene County Clerk, 411 Main Street, Suite 212, Catskill, NY 12414. Please include your contact information (name and phone number) so we can call you with any questions. You may call us at 518-719-3255 with any questions.
- Many of our records are now available online for your 24/7 convenience. To access the online records go to: www.searchiqs.com/nygre and log on as a guest.
- Before continuing, please note the following important information:
- You may search for and view available records at no charge. Simply log in as guest. If you wish to print copies of documents (example: a copy of a deed or a mortgage), a fee will be charged ($5 per document if you are not a commercial subscriber). You will need to provide your credit card information. Note: This information does not go to the County Clerk.
- Searches are done by name. The County Clerk’s Office does not index by tax parcel or address.
- For historical records (ie: Grantor Indices 1800-1991,Corporate Grantor & Grantee Indices 1890-1991, Lis Pendens Indices 1924-2004, Deeds Book A-765) please use the Indexbooks tab at the top of the search screen. Indexbook fees: 50 cents per page.
- The Office of the County Clerk is also responsible for collecting revenue for services that are provided, which include being an acceptance agent for passports.
- Passport applications are available to be filled out and submitted at the Office of the County Clerk. Passport photos are also available to be taken. Completed Passport applications are accepted at the County Clerk’s Office until 4PM. For more information on U.S. Passports, please visit travel.
Overseen by the County Clerk, the Greene County Records Center is located at 465 Main Street in Catskill. The Records Center provides County departments and agencies storage space and records services to over 30 County departments and agencies, housing over 12,000 cubic feet of inactive County records. Services include identification, indexing, retrieval, and destruction of obsolete records.
The Records Center does NOT provide public access to County records. For access to County records, please contact the Department that creates or maintains the records you seek.
Retention & Disposition Schedule for New York Local Government Records (LGS-01) 2020