Plan C is the Paragard Copper IUD copper IUD, it is 99% effective in preventing a pregnancy when inserted for emergency contraception.
- It is 99% effective in preventing a pregnancy for 10 years!
- It contains no hormones
- It is 99% effective as a long acting reversible contraceptive method (LARC) and can be used up to 10 years
- It is inserted at our office in a 15 minute visit
- It can be removed at any time
Common side effects include:
Increased bleeding during the time of your period for the first 3-6 months until your body gets used to it, and possible cramping.
- Your insurance will likely cover it in full with no co-pays.
- If you have no insurance, and you are income qualified, you can apply for the Family Planning Benefit and have it covered it that day.
- If you make too much, you will be put on a sliding fee scale.
- It does not protect you against STD’s, and if you are having it inserted for Emergency Contraception you will be tested for STD’s at the time of the insertion.
Call us today at 518-719-3580, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org