• All attendees are required to bring their own face masks/coverings.
• The host agency will be responsible for ensuring an appropriate supply of masks for attendees if they do not have one and that personnel are in place to provide cleaning, disinfecting and/or sanitizing of classrooms, break areas and equipment to be used during the class.
• Class sizes will be limited to numbers based on the ability to maintain social/physical distancing in the classroom. Tables have been arranged to ensure proper social distancing.
• Attendance at class sessions will be restricted to students in the class, other instructors or personnel required to assist with instruction, evaluation and safety.
• Whenever the 6-foot distance cannot be maintained, attendees will wear appropriate face covering, especially during break periods and mingling prior to and after the class session.
• When performing hands-on skill sessions, Instructors will attempt to maintain proper distance between students and groups. If working in a group, all students will wear proper face covering.
• Students will be required to wash their hands or use another accepted method to sanitize their hands between training evolutions and following skills sessions.
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the nationally recognized leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality, state of the art, and most comprehensive training, response, and technical assistance programs and services to emergency responders, local entities, and the citizens of New York State. The Office’s programs enable: the state’s fire service to become the best trained, well prepared and most effective professional emergency response force in the nation; New York State’s colleges, universities, state properties and its citizens, to be the safest in regard to fire prevention and awareness; and the state to maintain arson related fires at the lowest per capital within the United States.
***** YOU NEED A TRAINING AUTHORIZATION LETTER FOR EVERY COURSE ON THE START DATE SIGNED BY THE CHIEF LINE OFFICER *****
Date: Postponed till sometime in 2021 we will keep you posted.
Time: 9:00 AM
Location: Training Center
Equipment needed: Structural PPE, SCBA, & Spare Cylinder
* NOTE: Completion of the following NYS courses are accepted as equivalent with the Firefighter I course for prerequisite purposes:
Sign-Up: Submit the attached forms and proof of pre-reqs to:
OFPC Standards Unit
State Office Campus
1220 Washington Avenue,
Bldg 7A, Fl. 2
Albany, NY 12226
16 & 17 YEAR OLDS MUST ALSO PROVIDE A TRAINING AUTHORIZATION LETTER SIGNED BY THE CHIEF LINE OFFICER & PARENT
Due Date: Applications are due to OFPC by November 2, 2020.
Practical Skills Test can be downloaded at: http://www.dhses.ny.gov/ofpc/training/documents/FF1SkillsPacket.pdf