Greene County will be following the CDC/NYS Guidelines without any additional restrictions.
For the purpose of the fire training classes this means;
1. NO MORE Health COVID-19 Screening Assessment are necessary.
2. Vaccinated people will not have to wear masks or maintain six-foot distance.
3. Unvaccinated individuals must continue to wear masks and be socially distanced.
4. If someone chooses to wear a mask, they may. Further that action should not be interpreted as to indicate that the individual is unvaccinated.
5. We are not asking for proof of vaccination so it’s the honor system
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the nationally recognized leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality, state of the art, and most comprehensive training, response, and technical assistance programs and services to emergency responders, local entities, and the citizens of New York State. The Office’s programs enable: the state’s fire service to become the best trained, well prepared and most effective professional emergency response force in the nation; New York State’s colleges, universities, state properties and its citizens, to be the safest in regard to fire prevention and awareness; and the state to maintain arson related fires at the lowest per capital within the United States.
***** YOU NEED A TRAINING AUTHORIZATION LETTER FOR EVERY COURSE ON THE START DATE SIGNED BY THE CHIEF LINE OFFICER *****
Date: Postponed till sometime in 2021 we will keep you posted.
Time: 9:00 AM
Location: Training Center
Equipment needed: Structural PPE, SCBA, & Spare Cylinder
* NOTE: Completion of the following NYS courses are accepted as equivalent with the Firefighter I course for prerequisite purposes:
Sign-Up: Submit the attached forms and proof of pre-reqs to:
OFPC Standards Unit
State Office Campus
1220 Washington Avenue,
Bldg 7A, Fl. 2
Albany, NY 12226
16 & 17 YEAR OLDS MUST ALSO PROVIDE A TRAINING AUTHORIZATION LETTER SIGNED BY THE CHIEF LINE OFFICER & PARENT
Due Date: Applications are due to OFPC by November 2, 2020.
Practical Skills Test can be downloaded at: http://www.dhses.ny.gov/ofpc/training/documents/FF1SkillsPacket.pdf