Greene County General Services | Greene County, New York Greene County General Services | Greene County, New York

Greene County Clerk General Services

Deeds & Mortgages

The County Clerk’s office houses deeds and mortgages from all across Greene County. They are recorded and are available for review by the public, our records clerks are able to offer assistance if needed.


Passport applications are available to be filled out and submitted at the Office of the County Clerk. Passport photos are also available to be taken. Completed Passport applications are accepted at the County Clerk’s Office until 4PM. For more information on U.S. Passports, please click here.


You can purchase an EZPass electronic toll payment device at the Greene County Department of Motor Vehicles during office hours.

Custom License Plates
NY DMV issues a variety of types of license plates. Plates are available for cars, trucks, ATV’s and snowmobiles, plus livery, rental, ambulance, buses, etc. You can order these plus Customized ‘Vanity’’ Plates at the Greene County Department of Motor Vehicles.

Renew Local First!
Why? Because Greene County receives 12.7% of each transaction: generating revenue for the county, keeping your local taxes down. Several years ago, New York State took over renewals, costing the county over $150,000 in lost revenue per year. You can help us recapture that money.

When you “RENEW LOCAL FIRST”, you:

  • Get fast reliable service from our professional employees
  • Support our local workforce
  • Keep your dollars in Greene County, offsetting local property taxes

How do I become an organ donor?
Enroll in the New York State Organ and Tissue Donor Registry:

  • Mark the box that indicates “Organ Donor” on your renewal application form for a driver’s license or non-driver Photo ID (MV-2).

– or –

  • Mark the box that indicates “Organ Donor” on your application form for a new driver’s license or a new non-driver Photo ID (MV-44).

The DMV will forward your information to the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH), which keeps the records of the Registry. You can get an application to enroll in the registry at the NYSDOH.

Record Services

Many of our records are now available online for your convenience. To access the online records go to:  and log on as a guest.  Please note that not all records maintained by the County Clerk are public records.  Access to some records may be limited and/or require proper identification.  Please call us at (518) 719-3255 if you have any questions about public access to records.

The following is a list of the records that are physically and/or electronically available at the Office of the County Clerk.

  • Building Loan Agreements
  • Certificate of Assumed Business Names (DBA)
  • Certificates of Partnership
  • Convictions
  • Court Records
  • Deeds
  • Divorces
  • Federal Liens
  • Judgements
  • Land Records
  • Lien for Common Charge
  • Mortgages
  • Military Discharges
  • Mechanic Liens
  • Notice of Pendency
  • Release of Estate Tax Liens
  • Redemption Certificates
  • Survey Maps
  • State Tax Warrants
  • Tax Delinquency – In Redemption Proceedings
  • Uniform Commercial Codes
  • Welfare Liens