• A man who has sex with other men?
• In a sexual partnership with someone who is HIV positive?
• Engaging in high risk sexual behavior (i.e. fisting, anal sex, using toys, sex trade worker, sex without a condom, anonymous sex etc.)?
• Participating in sex for money, housing etc. or anonymous sex with someone you met online?
• An injection drug user?
• Having unprotected sex with 1 or more individuals of questionable HIV status?
HIV PrEP is a preventative measure offered to individuals who are HIV negative but are at a high risk of contracting HIV.
PrEP is an oral medication that when taken daily can reduce the risk of contracting HIV from having sex, by more than 90% (CDC).
An initial screening process including lab work and HIV testing is completed in order to determine if an individual is eligible to receive treatment.
Follow up appointments are necessary to check for side effects and to be retested for HIV. As always condoms should still be used during sexual encounters to prevent STIs and pregnancy.