During Greene County’s Response to COVID-19
The Greene County Office Building is now open via both entrances, though the Water Street entrance is recommended. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Hours are Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM.
- Clients will be seen by appointment only. Call the main office at 518-719-3555 to arrange an appointment with Department of Human Services or the Youth Bureau.
- Contracted Personal Care Aides are taking care of their clients (at the clients’ discretion)
- All Senior Center Staff are working – The Nutrition Program is fully operational and has been since March 16
- Eat-in Service at our 5 Senior Centers is not permitted and will remain so for at least the summer.
- Take-Out Meal Service remains Operational. Clients just need to contact appropriate center for pick-up at least one day in advance. Numbers for centers are listed under Nutrition page.
- Home Delivery Meals is continuing uninterrupted and has been since March 16.
- In normal operations, anyone 60 or over can order take-out meals or home-delivered meals by calling 518-719-3555, Monday through Thursday between 9AM and 4:30PM
- PER NYS, under COVID, there is currently no age restriction for home-delivered meals. Call 518-719-3555.
Advocates for Greene County Senior Citizens
Our goal and mission are to ensure a network of supportive services to assist Greene County’s senior citizens (those age 60 and older) to maintain their dignity and independence within their communities.
We assist adults 60 and older in maintaining and/or improving their social, economic, health, safety and nutritional status. Our mission is to ensure older adults stay independent for as long as possible and have a network of supportive services in the county.
To help coordinate youth services for children and young people “(birth to 21)” in Greene County, by providing technical assistance to municipalities, private agencies and groups in program development, evaluation, financial planning, program management and training.