Guidance For Visitors To Greene County Office Buildings
Effective February 10th. 2022 the mask mandate was lifted by the Governor of New York State, with the exception of certain facilities and businesses. Entry into the Greene County office building will no longer require the wearing of a mask, but individual departments may require employees, customers, clientele, and /or members of the general public to wear masks regardless of vaccination status.
Official DOH Guidance: Statewide Mask Mandate
Following Governor Hochul’s announcement of a statewide mask mandate effective December 13, 2021, the New York State Department of Health released official guidance for mask-wearing in indoor places. Per the mandate, masks will be required to be worn in all indoor public places unless businesses or venues implement a vaccine requirement.
Guidance for Mask-Wearing in Indoor Public Places:
- After careful review and consideration of the increasing number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations statewide, and in alignment with CDC recommendations for communities with substantial and high transmission, all persons, over age two and able to medically tolerate a face covering/mask, regardless of vaccination status, shall wear an appropriate face covering/mask while in any indoor public place.
- This requirement shall not apply to any indoor public area that requires proof of vaccination as a condition of entry.
- For purposes of this determination “indoor public place” shall mean any indoor space that is not a private residence.
- This requirement shall be in effect until January 15, 2022.
A violation of any provision of this measure is subject to all civil and criminal penalties, including a maximum fine of $1,000 for each violation. Local health departments are being asked to enforce these requirements.
Specific Departments detailed below:
- Emergency Services:
- To make an appointment with Emergency Services please call 518-622-3643.
- Real Property Tax Service:
- Economic Development and Planning:
- Please call to schedule an appointment with Economic Development and Planning: 518-719-3290
- To schedule an appointment with the DMV, please call 518-719-3280 or 518-719-3279. Walk-in are welcomed but will be accommodated as there is availability.
- The drop box at the Main Street entrance can be utilized until further notice. Transactions can be mailed to Greene County DMV, 411 Main Street, Suite 202, Catskill, NY 12414. You can also call NYS at 1-800-698-2931.
- Learn how to Register a Vehicle or Transfer a Registration by Mail.
- DMV is closed for lunch from 12:30-1:30
- Greene County Clerk’s Office:
- Online records can be found at: www.searchiqs.com/nygre and log on as a guest.
- All recordings and filings can be done in person or left in the drop box at the front door of the County Building or mailed to Greene County Clerk, 411 Main Street, Suite 212, Catskill, NY 12414. Please include your contact information (name and phone number) so we can call you with any questions. You may call us at 518-719-3255 with any questions.
- Public Health Department:
- Call 518-719-3600 to schedule an appointment with Public Health.
- Family Planning Services
- Call 518-719-3580 to schedule an appointment with Family Planning.
- Telehealth visits are encouraged and available, including insurance enrollment.
- We will be scheduling limited in person services.
- Mental Health Services
- Clinical services delivered by telemedicine.
- Open Access Walk-in Clinic open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00am – 11:00am. Call 518-622-9163 to schedule CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
ALL OTHER DEPARTMENTS REMAIN OPEN WITH NO CHANGE IN OPERATIONAL HOURS.