Health Insurance Information Counseling & Assistance
HIICAP is available to Greene County residents with Medicare as their health insurance. New York State certified counselors provide information to help you make informed decisions regarding health insurance related issues.
How can the counselor help me?
Counseling focuses on your specific situation during a one-on-one confidential session.
Here are some examples of the services they offer:
- Interpret Medicare Part A, B, C and D and explain benefits.
- Assist with Medicare reviews and/or appeals process.
- Explain the Medicare Savings Program and Extra Help.
- Assist with plan enrollment.
- Help to prevent Fraud & Abuse.
- Help compare private insurance policies including HMO’s, Medicare Drug Plans and Supplemental insurances.
- Provide information regarding the EPIC program (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage) and help you apply.
- Make referrals to supporting agencies, if needed.
What is the cost?
There is no charge for this service. However, donations for receiving assistance are accepted. These funds will be used to enhance our program.
Appointments are required so please call our office in advance to schedule one.