The Department of Economic Development, Tourism & Planning is seeking a: Director of Tourism
Greene County, NY
If you’re considering a career in Tourism & Destination Travel, and want to apply your talents to improving the lives of friends and neighbors – Make Greene County, NY Your Place to Shine!
- The 14 towns of Greene County, NY connect the majestic Great Northern Catskill Mountains to the Historic Hudson River, just two hours north of New York City, and half an hour south of the Capital District.
- We’re home to world-class Hudson Valley Adventure destinations in the Catskill Park that attract visitors and second homeowners all four seasons of the year.
- Our tourism-driven economy supports a thriving craft beverage and farm-to-table agribusiness community. Specialty retailers contribute to the unique character of our rural village streets. Innovators and Makers add their creativity and passion to our vibrant downtowns.
- Property values and school systems are strong, but affordable, making taxes some of the lowest in New York State.
- Best of all, the Greene County Legislature is committed to supporting our local businesses, investing in prudent growth, and improving the quality of life for both residents and visitors.
What You'll Need:
- A degree from a regionally or NYS accredited college or university in either Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Tourism or closely related field;
- Related professional experience in the Tourism sector executing advertising and marketing campaigns:
- A genuine desire to make a difference in the communities where you live and work.
What You’ll Do:
- Report directly to the Deputy County Administrator of Economic Development, Tourism & Planning;
- Design, implement and manage the tourism destination marketing plan and integrated tourism development campaigns, activities and initiatives of the Great Northern Catskills of Greene County including all aspects of the contract with the County’s Tourism Agency of Record;
- Manage the financial aspects of the destination marketing program including tourism grants for regional activities of Catskill Association for Tourism Services (CATS) and Hudson Valley Tourism (HVT), and;
- Work closely with public and private industry trade groups, including oversight and management of the County’s Tourism Advisory Committee (TAC) to market the facilities, attractions, quality of life, and economic development opportunities of Greene County.
Who You'll be Working With:
- The multi-disciplinary leadership team that is the Greene County Department of Economic Development, Tourism & Planning including the Deputy County Administrator, Director of Business Marketing, Director of Economic Development, and Planning Director;
- Your professional tourism staff;
- The county’s marketing and advertising agency of record for Tourism,
- The county’s marketing and advertising agency of record for Economic Development and Government Communications.
- The Greene County Tourism Advisory Committee (TAC);
- Regional tourism entities including CATS and HVT, and;
- Owners and operators of hospitality and destination businesses across Greene County.
Why You'll be Successful:
- The Greene County Legislature is committed to the ongoing promotion and support of its Tourism initiatives;
- Greene County has multiple, established websites, communication, and social media platforms with significant followings;
- Greene County appropriates significant advertising and marketing budget to well-established initiatives around visitor attraction, consumer engagement, and new business development.
- Greene County is committed to using technology, performance metrics & tracking to implement creative, new and effective initiatives, and;
- Greene County maintains and continuously augments a contact management system that tracks and re-engages website visitors, information seekers, and prospective new business entrepreneurs.
View Official Announcement & Apply
Greene County Civil Service