The Department of Economic Development, Tourism & Planning is seeking a: Director of Planning
Greene County, NY
The 14 towns of Greene County, NY connect the majestic Great Northern Catskill Mountains to the Historic Hudson River, just two hours north of New York City, and half an hour south of the Capital District.
We’re home to world-class Outdoor Adventure destinations in the Catskill Park that attract visitors and second homeowners all four seasons of the year.
Our tourism-driven economy supports a thriving craft beverage and farm to table agribusiness community. Specialty retailers contribute to the unique character of our rural village streets. Innovators and Makers add their creativity and passion to our vibrant downtowns.
Property values and school systems are strong, but affordable, making taxes some of the lowest in New York State.
Best of all, the Greene County Legislature is committed to supporting our local businesses, investing in prudent growth, and improving the quality of life for both residents and visitors.
What You’ll Need
- A degree from a U.S. Department of Education accredited college or university in City, County, Regional or Urban Planning, or closely related fields such as Environmental Science, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Economics, or Economic Development;
- Related professional experience in municipal, community or regional planning, and;
- A genuine desire to make a difference in the communities where you live and work.
What You’ll Do
- Report directly to the Deputy County Administrator of Economic Development, Tourism & Planning;
- Provide multi-disciplinary services to the County in the functional areas of planning, housing, transportation, agriculture and farmland development, community development, infrastructure, and capital facility planning;
- Work in accordance with accepted professional planning practices and standards within the operational guidelines of the Department, and;
- Supervise the work of professional and non-professional employees, as well as the work of outside consultants.
Who You’ll be Working with
- The multi-disciplinary team that is the Greene County Department of Economic Development, Tourism & Planning including the Deputy County Administrator, Director of Business Marketing, Director of Economic Development, and Director of Tourism;
- The county’s marketing and consulting agencies of record for Economic Development, Planning, and Government Communications;
- The Greene County Planning Board and local municipal planners, and;
- The Greene County Industrial Development Agency (GreeneIDA).
Why You’ll be Successful
- The Greene County Legislature is committed to prudent planning and support of it economic and community development initiatives;
- Greene County has multiple, established websites, communication, and social media platforms with significant followings;
- Greene County engages expert consultants to assist in major initiatives, and;
- Greene County is focused on enhancing the quality of life of its visitors and residents, while stewarding the natural resources and its agricultural environment.
View Official Announcement & Apply
Greene County Civil Service