The Greene County Opioid & Heroin Awareness Initiative web page provides helpful links to resources and information for those affected by opioid addiction and dependence.
Our community-based outreach program is committed to helping individuals and families who are struggling with chemical dependency. Our staff is on-hand to “just talk” or to help connect individuals to the many treatment options right here in Greene County.
- Peer-to-Peer Support Networks
- Assistance with Transportation
- Live Video Telemedicine Sessions
- Counseling Services
- Personalized Treatment Programs
- Medications to Help Prevent Relapse
Greener Pathways is a Program of Twin Counties Recovery Services, Inc.
The Mountain Top Opioid Prevention and Recovery Forum
Our Health Educator provides outreach and education to general community members on the opioid crisis and resources available to people in Greene County, keeping updated on the resources and programs going on in our community.
We work directly with most agencies in the county on the opioid crisis. With a grant through Catholic Charities, we run the Sharps Kiosks around the county (a place to dispose of used needles and pick up new sharps containers). We also keep the Medication Take Back Brochure updated with the most recent locations for dropping off used medications.
In our position, we come in contact with people in all stages of opioid cases, from prevention to long-term recovery.
Greene County Mental Health Center is a community mental health clinic licensed by the NYS Office of Mental Health. We have a full contingent of professional staff including Psychiatrists, Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, and Psychiatric Nurses. Our staff members work together to provide a comprehensive system of care for the mental health needs of Greene County residents.
Your Guide to Mental Health & Addiction Services in and around the Twin Counties (Columbia & Greene, NY)
- 8 am to 10 pm – 365 days a year
- Phone assessments and consultation.
- On-site face to face mental health assessments
- Referrals to available services
- Follow up from psychiatric hospitalizations
- Wellness calls and visits when someone is concerned
Mobile Crisis Assessment Team is a program of The Mental Health Association of Columbia-Greene Counties, Inc.
Healthy Capital District Initiative (HCDI) – for Care Providers Only
- HCDI forges collaborative partnerships with regional stakeholders to reduce risky health behavior, determine major barriers to health services, and develop initiatives to overcome them. HCDI is a regional contractor for the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) Population Health Improvement Program in the Capital Region and assists stakeholders in Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga and Schenectady counties in their efforts to advance ongoing activities related to the Prevention Agenda (PA), the State Health Innovation Plan (SHIP), and serves as a resource to local Performing Providers Systems (PPS) under the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program.
- We provide technical assistance to counties and hospitals in carrying out efforts to advance the Prevention Agenda. On our website we provide data dashboards for individuals to use along with reports around various health topics, and also compile local and national resources around these health topics.
- We do not provide direct services, we provide organizations who may be providing direct services with resources and information beneficial to the general population, health service providers, county health departments, social services, community-based organizations.