All transfer stations accept:
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
Construction and Demolition Debris (C&D)
Source separated recyclables such as; appliances, batteries, cans, household corrugated cardboard, paperboard, newspapers, glass, scrap metal, soft plastics, tires, magazines, glossy paper, 20 lb. propane cylinders Salvation Army donations, office paper and telephone directories at the following rates:
- Up to and including 30 gal. bag of household trash $2.00.
- Over 30 gal. bag of household trash $4.00.
- MSW & C&D $105.00 per ton. – $115 per ton effective May 1, 2021
- Furniture: couches, chairs, mattresses, box springs, sleeper couches (take metal frame out) $7.50.
- Mixed loads containing furniture (on top of load) will be scaled and charged MSW rate plus $2.00 surcharge per furniture item.
- Appliances: refrigerators (doors removed) washers, dryers, ovens and hot water heaters $7.50.
- 20lb. propane tanks $2.00.
- Tires: Up to 16” without rims $3.00.
- Up to 16” with rims $4.00.
- Over 16” without rims $7.50.
- We cannot accept heavy equipment tires or yard waste.
- Minimum scale charge $15.00.
- Electronics Recycling: Free
- All other recyclables are collected at no charge. These items are processed and sent to recycling markets.
- We also support newspaper collection boxes through out the county and recycling centers in the Towns of Cairo, Durham, Greenville, Halcott and New Baltimore.
The recycling centers do not accept appliances, batteries or tires (with the exception of Greenville, which does accept tires).
Salvation Army donations are accepted at receptacles at each of our transfer stations.