How Do I? - Social Services | Greene Government How Do I? - Social Services | Greene Government

How Do I? – Social Services

Assistance Programs


Follow the links below for information on Assistance Programs available through the Greene County Department of Social Services:

Medical Assistance Programs

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

Temporary Assistance


For more information on the Welfare Management System, click here.


Children Services


Click here for information on the range of Children Services provided by Greene County.

For Clients


Get quick answers to questions about New York State’s Programs and Services. Click here to connect to the OTDA myBenefits Web Site.

Report Fraud




You may report any type of fraud directly to the Greene County Department of Social Services, including Medicaid, SNAP, Temporary Assistance, HEAP, and vendor/provider fraud. Call the (518)719-3648 or stop into the office to report the allegation.


You may also report Medicaid Fraud to NYS Office of the Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG) by calling (877)87-FRAUD


You may report Temporary Assistance, SNAP and HEAP fraud allegations by filling out an online complaint . These allegations will be forwarded to the local office.



For information on the Greene County Social Services Fraud Resource and Recovery Units, Click here.


Non-Parent Caregivers(Grandparents, Other Relatives, Friends) Caring for Children