The Children with Special Health Care Needs Program is an information and referral service. We provide assistance to families of children with special health care needs from birth to age 21.
Raising a child with special health care needs can be challenging. It can be difficult to identify what services are available to you and to your child. Please call us with any questions you may have about the Children with Special Health Care Needs Program so we can provide assistance at no cost to your family.
We help families gain access to information regarding:
- Appropriate insurance coverage and health care financing
- Appropriate educational services
- Family support services
- Public health services
- Department of Social Services programs such as public assistance, food stamps, and children’s services
- Equipment and medical supplies
- Referral to community and regional programs and services such as legal aid, food pantries, housing, and mental health
- Accessing Supplemental Social Security Income
- Early Intervention Services for children from birth to age 3 who have developmental delays
This program is for children from birth to age 21 who:
- Have or are suspected of having a serious or chronic physical, developmental, behavioral, or emotional condition and
- Require health and related services of a type or amount beyond that required by children generally.
For more information on the Children with Special Health Care Needs Program, call Lauren Clark, Director of Services for Children with Special Needs, Greene County Public Health Department at 518-719-3617.
Funded by the New York State Department of Health using federal Health Resources and Services Administration Title V funding. The opinions, results, findings and/or interpretations of content contained therein are the responsibility of the Contractor and do not necessarily represent the opinions, interpretations, or policy of the State or Federal funding agency.
NYS Parent Portal
Parent to Parent
Child Programs and Internet Resources
Special Needs Organizations
Back to School Tips
Parent Survival Tips
School Related Resources
Student Rights, Resources, and Accredited Online Schools for Individuals with Disabilities
How to Manage Chronic Health Conditions in School