The Capital Region remains on-schedule for a Phase IV reopening on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. In the last 24 hours, the Governor’s office has released new guidance for Higher Education, Low-Risk Outdoor Arts & Entertainment, Low-Risk Indoor Arts & Entertainment, and Media Production.
While fitness facilities, movie theaters and malls had expected to be included in Phase 4, the Governor’s office late yesterday announced that guidelines for these industries will be shared at a later date.
A summary of reopening details by industry follows below and full details on Phase IV (and previous Phases) can be found at New York Forward.
- Higher Education Guidelines
- Including but not limited to community and junior colleges, universities, graduate and professional schools, medical schools, and technical schools
- Low-Risk Outdoor Arts & Entertainment
- Including outdoor zoos, botanical gardens, nature parks, grounds of historic sites and cultural institutions, outdoor museums, outdoor agritourism, local agricultural demonstrations and exhibitions, and other similar institutions/activities.
- Low-Risk Indoor Arts & Entertainment
- Including indoor museums, historical sites, aquariums, and other related institutions or activities.
- Media Production
- Including activities undertaken in motion picture, music, television, and streaming productions on set, on location, or at any production or recording site.